The NUS Outstanding Partner in Research and NUS Young Partner in Research awards are presented (if there are candidates of sufficient merit) to recognise outstanding achievement and to stimulate quality research in the University. These awards are open to all individuals affiliated with Faculties, Schools or University-level Research Institutes/ Centres in NUS e.g. as an adjunct or part time (less than 50% time) staff. The awards are made for Quality and Impact of research, and not for quantity.
There are two categories of awards:
A. Outstanding Partner in Research Award (OPR)
The OPR is awarded based on a strong track record of impactful research in the area of expertise. The successful researcher must have consistently achieved research excellence over several years and should be recognised by the global academic community as having achieved significant breakthroughs or outstanding accomplishments in his or her field. In addition, the candidate must have demonstrated sustained and long-lasting highly-significant contributions to building up the research infrastructure/ programmes of NUS. Co-publication of papers with NUS staff is not usually a sufficient criterion for this award; there must be evidence of substantial contributions that result in increased research capacity and achievements at NUS.
|Each award carries
Please click here for more information.
B. Young Partner in Research Award (YPR)
The YPR is conferred to researchers below 40 years of age, as of the deadline specified by the Office of the Deputy President (Research & Technology) based on the impact of their areas of research and promise of achieving excellence and global recognition as a leader in the research area and in addition significant contributions to enhancing the research infrastructure/programmes of NUS. Co-publication of papers with NUS staff is not usually a sufficient criterion for this award; there must be evidence of substantial contributions that result in increased research capacity and achievements at NUS.
|Each award carries
Please click here to view the past winners.
- The awards are made for Quality and Impact of research, and not for quantity.
- The candidate must not only have achieved personal research excellence but also have contributed significantly to building up research at NUS.
- Nominations for awards can be made by any HOD, Dean or RIC Director. Nominations should stress the overall achievements of the nominee(s) and their significance; this can be backed up by bibliometric data (citations, H-index etc) as appropriate.
- Self-nomination is not allowed.
- To nominate, please submit the completed the Nomination Form to NUHS Research Office, NUHS TowerBlock, Level 11 by 12 Aug 2011.
- The OPR and YPR awards are evaluated by the Research Excellence Award Committee (REAC), convened by Deputy President (Research & Technology). The REAC will review and make recommendations to the University Committee.
- The University Committee, chaired by Provost, will make the final selection of the award winners.
- Nominees will be notified of the outcome by January the following year and the ceremony is usually held in late April.
- Details of nomination & selection procedure and the schedule can be downloaded here.