Back to Funding Main Page
The NUS Virtual Institute for the Study of Ageing (VISA) support research projects that address issues relevant to ageing on a broad perspective. It provides seed funding of up to S$20,000 per novel project for a duration of 2 years. The fund aims to encourage researchers to develop projects to a level that can compete for funding from external bodies like ARF, MOE, etc.
Funding is provided in the following research areas:
1. Enhance Employability & Financial Security
2. Provide Holistic & Affordable Healthcare & Eldercare
3. Enable Ageing-in-Place
4. Promote Active Ageing
However, research topics need not be limited to these areas.
More information is available at this website
Eligibility and Guidelines
1. Principal Investigators must be Full-time NUS academic staff (Asst Prof / Assoc Prof / Prof) from the Faculty/School.
2. Funding requested should be for new research ideas and not for supplementing existing projects / collaborations.
3. Project must be supported by respective Heads of Departments (or nominee).
4. Proposals must be submitted using the application form as attached. Additional pages or sections may be inserted if necessary.
5. All applications will be subjected to a peer review process by the Research Grant Expert Panel appointed by VISA. Only proposals that are properly-completed with the relevant supporting documents attached will be accepted for evaluation and assessment for awarding of grants.
6. Funds cannot be used for travel unless essential to the aims of the project.
Schedule of Annual Call
There are 2 calls per year, usually in January and June.
Please forward the following documents to NUHS Research Office by Friday, 18 March 2011, 5pm.
Please send the Softcopy to Grant_RO@nuhs.edu.sg