Back to Funding Main Page
Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC) is soliciting white papers in the area of Environment, Safety & Health for work to begin in 1st January, 2012, as part of an ESH Research Center based at the University of Arizona.
Successful white paper authors will be invited to submit full proposals, and a limited number of contracts will be awarded based on these proposals. Proposals based on quality, perceived member value, and available funds will be pursued. SRC GRC may also elect to negotiate a project's research scope or a team's composition to meet funding or synergy goals.
The total funding support will be US$50,000 - $150,000 per project for 3 years.
Topics to be addressed in White Paper:
- Context: emphasis area and problem to be addressed
- Rationale: value in terms of semiconductor industry needs
- Novelty: role of this research in advancing knowledge beyond the state-of-the-art
- Approach: strategy for addressing the problem
- Results: anticipated output of a successful effort
- Engagement: how you now or will plan to interact with SRC member companies
- Funding: a per-year approximation of overall funding requirements (university approval and official budgets are not required at this time)
- Students: involvement and education of graduate students is a key SRC goal; typical funded proposals will support 1-2 full time students per task
- Background Intellectual Property: the extent, if any, that the use of background intellectual property will be required in the conduct of the proposed research
For White Paper Guidelines and Application, please refer to website: http://www.src.org/compete/s201105/
Individual investigators or research teams in Universities worldwide may apply for this grant.
Below is the timeline for application submission:
Friday, 8 April 2011
Submission to NUHS Research Office (NUHS Tower Block, Level 11)
|1 original hardcopy of the NUS Grant Endorsement Form |
1 original hardcopy of a 2-pages (including references) White Paper (use at least a 10-point font)
Softcopy of the White Paper (MS Word)
|Tuesday, 12 April 2011 (5pm latest)
||NUHS Research Office will revert via e-mail once checked |
|Thursday, 14 April 2011 (by 3pm EDT / 12pm PDT)
||Online submission by PI via SRC website |
(New users will need to register for a new account at https://www.src.org/app/account/register/step/1/ )