A*STAR and the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MSHE) are pleased to announce the 3rd Joint Call for Proposals under the A*STAR-MSHE Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed on 15 January 2005 and renewed on 22 February 2011.
The goal of the collaboration is to promote R&D collaboration between (i) Polish based universities, and research institutes, and (ii) Singapore public sector research organizations including A*STAR RIs, through joint scientific projects, technology transfer, commercialization of research deliverables and encouraging training and staff exchange.
Under the initiative of 2011, A*STAR will fund projects that address critical technologies in the following areas:
- Disruptive Technologies; and
- Security in Cyberspace.
A panel of experts will review and identify proposals that are innovative, demonstrate a high level of scientific pursuit, challenge paradigms and set international benchmarks for funding consideration.
- This Call for Proposals is open to Singapore public sector research organizations, including A*STAR RIs.
- All Singapore-based researchers must have a collaborator in Poland who must concurrently submit the joint proposal to MSHE.
- Each research team must be made up of at least one Singapore-based researcher and one Poland-based researcher. The research project, which can last up to 3 years, must be conducted in Singapore and in Poland. A*STAR will fund the research costs of the Singapore-based researcher, while MSHE will fund the research costs of the Poland-based researcher. The total value of a combined grant award will typically be in the range of S$400,000 to S$1,000,000 (approximately €200,000 to €500,000).
- Singapore-based researchers should apply to A*STAR and Poland-based researchers should separately apply to MSHE.
|Submission to NUHS Research Office by: 4 May 2011 (Wednesday)
Application forms for Singapore-based researchers can be found in the information package here, from items (a) to (d).
The proposal should contain the following:
- The overall detailed joint project description;
- Details on the involvement and contribution of the Singaporean investigators;
- Details on the interaction among investigators of both countries; and
- Details for the funding required for the Singaporean effort.
|a. One duly-signed NUS Grant endorsement form
||a. One duly-signed NUH Grant endorsement form|
|b. One duly-signed proposals
c. PSF01B - Budget Proposal
d. PSF16 - Capability Indicators
||Forward all the softcopies to Clarin Ng or Masrinie
|Please refrain from stapling the hardcopy forms. Kindly use paperclips/ binder clips to bind them together instead. Thank you.
You may wish to refer to the guidelines or this link for more details.