Back to Funding Main Page
A*STAR-SERC has announced a call for proposal on the SERC-NSF (National Science Foundation) Materials World Network. This grant call aims to foster collaboration in materials and condensed matter research between investigators in the US and their counterparts abroad. It includes joint activities between NSF and funding organizations in Africa, through the US-Africa Materials Collaboration; Asia and Europe. Proposals will be jointly reviewed by NSF and SERC. All Singapore researchers should have a lead US collaborator who must concurrently submit the joint proposal to NSF's MWN programme. If a proposal is approved, SERC will fund the Singapore effort while NSF will fund the US effort.
SERC invites research proposals that address critical technologies in the following areas:
1) Condensed matter physics
2) Solid state and materials chemistry
5) Metallic materials and nanostructures
7) Electronic and photonic materials
8) Condensed matter and materials theory
- This Call for Proposal is open to Singapore public sector research organizations, universities, polytechnics and A*STAR-funded research institutes and centres.
- The funding amount will be supported up to a period of 3 years.
Terms and Conditions
Please click here for more details. The terms and conditions for the Public Sector R&D project apply to the MWN programme too.
Schedule of Annual Call
Once a year in October
Please use the attached templates and submit the following documents to NUHS Research Office, Level 11 by 22 Oct 2010 (Friday).