Back to Funding Main Page
The Environment Technology Research Programme (ETRP) is a research grant scheme adminstered by the National Environmental Agency (NEA) to grant scheme and development projects focusing on waste maagement. The ETRP will be adminstered under the competitive Request-for-Proposal (RFP) scheme.
With global challenges such as climate changes, energy and resource depletion, urban centres in both developed and developing countries are seeking cost-effective and holistic environmental solutions by waste (WTE) and waste-to-resource solutions over and above basic landfill disposal, thus releasing scarce land for higher value development, minimize environmental impacts and integrate waste management efficiently with water and energy systems.
The ETRP provides seed funding of S$15 million to support R&D projects which would bring about cost-efficiency in waste management solutions that are beneficial to Singapore and other cities in the following focus areas:
a. Waste-to-Energy Processes
b. Waste-to-Resource Recovery
c. Special Waste Treatment
The focus areas for the Directed Call are for research and test-bedding proposals to be carried out at Semakau Landfill namely :
• Prolonging the lifespan of Semakau Landfill
• Demonstrating sustainable management of waste generated at Semakau Landfill
• Recovery of high value metals or rare earth from the incinerated bottom ash
Please refer to the NEA's website for more details.
1. This call for proposal is open to all Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs), public sector agencies, not-for-profit research entities, Singapore registered companies and for-profit research organizations.
2. The Proposal must be page numbered and submitted as a single PDF file together with the funding details in excel format. Hardcopy of the documents must be printed on double-sided A4 size paper bound in a booklet form.
3. Project shall be evaluated in the following areas:
• High technical/science merits
• Potential for marketable applications
• Excellent execution capabilities
• Projects mainly conducted in Singapore
• Reasonable proposed budget
Schedule of Annual Call
There are 2 calls a year in January and October.
Please submit the following to NUHS Research Office by the following dates:
D/L for softcopies: Wednesday, 11 April 2012 (noon)
D/L for hardcopies: Monday, 16 April 2012 (noon)
** The proposal should consist of
a) Proposal details (Click for Instructions for Submission)
b) Declaration Form
c) Funding Details
In the Declaraction Form, the section "Project supported by' will be signed by Head of Department.
For NUS PIs, the section "Project Endorsed by" will be signed by the Director of DRA, Deputy President's Office (Research & Technology).
For NUH PIs, the section "Project Endorsed by" will be signed by the Assistant Dean (Grants) at NUHS Research Office.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any enquires.