The ExxonMobil-NUS Research Fellowship for Clinicians sponsored by the ExxonMobil Scholarship Fund which is administered by EDB, is a local fellowship for clinicians who wish to pursue research training in Singapore. The objective of the Fellowship is to recruit and nurture a promising cadre of clinician-scientists and clinician-investigators in Singapore, actively involved in translational research by ensuring protected time for awardees to learn, undertake and develop a passion for research activity and administration.
It is also envisioned that this talent pool of young enthusiastic clinician-scientists and clinician-investigators will contribute significantly to scientific medicine and biomedical research in Singapore in the years ahead. On an individual level, the objective for the Fellowship will be for the awardees to have learnt and develop a passion for science and research.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Fellowship will only be open to clinicians who are Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident. The potential candidates are expected to be Senior Medical Officers or Registrar level. Associate Consultants may apply and the application would be reviewed on a case by case basis.
2. Candidates must commit a minimum of 60% of time to research
3. Candidate will be paid a matching salary for the time spent on research up to Registrar's salary
4. Candidates will be attached to a reputable basic science laboratory/research facility for a period of 6 months to 1 year. The supervisor/mentor PIs must be full time NUS academic staff or adjunct member with good track record. Other cases will be judged on a case by case basis.
Schedule of Annual Call
There is two call a year.
Date of Next Call
Estimated in Nov 2011.
Please look out for our circulars for a more accurate submission.
The following is to be submitted to Ms Geetha Baskaran/Ms Sherline Tay, NUHS Research Office, NUHS Tower Block, Level 11 by 5 Aug 2011, Friday
1) ExxonMobil-NUS Research Fellowship for Clinicians 4-page Application Form
2) A certified true copy of your NRIC/Passport
3) Two passport-sized photographs
4) Curriculum vitae and Career history in reverse chronological order
5) Certified true copies of university transcripts and degree scrolls
6) Certified true copies of awards / prizes and certificates (if any)
7) Two letters of recommendation
8) 1-page statement on why you want to pursue this area of study
9) (Up to) 4-page description of Intended Research Project
10) 1-page plan of use of protected time requested
11) 1-page description of potential deliverables from use of this protected time
12) Brief report from mentor of applicant
13) Any other relevant documents you feel will strengthen your application
Contact Person(s) for More Information