The community plays an important role in the creation of a true Greenprint. To support and fund the development and implementation of Green solutions within the precinct, HDB has set up a "Greenprint Fund".
HDB is looking for great ideas to achieve savings in water or electricity usage, increase recycling rates, reduce heat in the environment, or improve community bonding, and quality of living and environment. Green Solutions can fall under any of the categories below.
Green Solutions should be new and original, encompass workable or implementable products, systems, processes or work methodologies.
What is HDB's Greenprint fund
- The HDB's Greenprint Fund will support green test-bedding solutions and implementations within Yuhua.
- In this Greenprint Fund, HDB is looking for great ideas to achieve savings in water or electricity usage, increase recycling rates, heat reduction in environment, or improve community bonding, and quality of living and environment.
- The test-bedding solutions could be in terms of products, process, system or methodology that could help to improve or create a greener and sustainable living environment. However, the solutions should be new, original (i.e. no direct applications of off-the-shelf products and no direct monetary incentive-base proposals) and implementable. It should not be ideas or concepts that are abstract and not implementable.
- Interested applicants could submit their application forms and completed documents to HDB during the grant call. Potential applications will be invited for a presentation. Successful applicants will be notified by HDB.
Objectives and Scope
- Encourage the co-creation of sustainable green solutions with community that promote greener and sustainable development for Yuhua
- Identify and explore other sustainable solutions to achieve higher sustainability
- Develop and test-bed potential/ workable sustainable solutions within Yuhua
Please refer to the HDB website for call details and application guidelines.
- The Greenprint Fund provides support to cover development and test-bedding costs, subject to a cap of SGD$100,000 per application. In the Greenprint Fund, HDB will disburse the fund through reimbursement of the total qualifying cost incurred in the development or test-bedding process.
- Qualifying cost such as development cost, installation cost, testing cost, test-bedding cost and/or others development related cost (subjects to HDB's discretions for approving) incurred during the development and test-bedding of the sustainable solutions. Goods receipts would be required as supporting documents for the reimbursements. The documents and claims would be subjected to audits and checks.
- Upon approval of application, the project shall commence and be completed within 1 year (Qualifying period). Applicants shall submit their Quarterly Progress Report to HDB for progress updates and assessments. Failure to submit the Quarterly Progress Report would result in the termination of the funding.
The maximum funding quantum for each project:
**Please note that Indirect Research Cost will be advised at a later time. We are currently seeking for HDB's confirmation on this.
Interested applicants from the following categories may apply for the HDB's Greenprint Fund:
- Team (up to 5 members)
- Firm/ Company
- Academic Institution, including students
1. It is compulsory to complete all fields in the application form (attached). Where information is not applicable, please input "N.A".
2. The application (Form A) must be submitted together with the following documents:
(a) Copy of Business Registration (for registered firm/company)
(b) Copy of NRIC of Applicants / Passport (for foreigners)
(c) Copy of evidence to show academic status (e.g. letter of support from academic institution, etc.)
(d) Letter of consent from patent owner for patented solutions.
(e) Separate detailed write-up proposal on green solution (Please refer toAnnex A - Proposal Requirements)
(f) Copy of Certificate of Grant of Patent or application for patent filing or other intellectual property rights (if relevant)
(g) Such other documents as may be required by HDB.
The format of the proposal should be Font 12 with 1.5 line spacing. The total number of pages for the proposal should not be more than 25 pages.
Please submit the following to NUHS Research Office by 12 noon, 15 May 2013, Wednesday:
Closing Date for HDB:
The duly completed application form together with the supporting documents is to be submitted online through the HDB's Greenprint Website at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for the applications is 20 May 2013. Any application submitted after the closing date will not be processed or considered.
**PIs are to submit the applications on their own. Documents (a) and (c) will be provided by NUHS RO and/ or ODPRT upon receiving the softcopy submission.
If the proposed study requires biospecimen or tissue banking, please contact Dr Eng Chon Boon (email@example.com ) from the NUHS Tissue Repository. The tissue repository will assist with the biobanking budget. Kindly visit http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/tissue/Cost%20Recovery%20Schedule.pdf
Ms Sharon Wee
Tel : 6772 3709
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org