Redirection in progress.
If you are not redirected. Your browser are not running the java script.
The aims of the Engineering-Medicine Seed Grant are:
- To facilitate exchange of research ideas and enhance the network among engineers and doctors.
- To enable NUHS scientists and clinicians and Engineering faculty members to explore innovative approaches and collaborate on potential projects.
To assist investigators to submit competitive proposals to secure a bigger external grant.
| Capped Amount
|| Maximum Duration |
Applicants for the Engineering-Medicine Seed Grant must meet all of the following requirements:
- Principal Investigators (PIs) must be full time NUS staff (Asst Prof/Assoc Prof/Prof) from the 2 faculties with different academic backgrounds while NUH staff must be full time Registrar/Medical Officer, Consultant and above.
- Each proposal must include joint investigators from the Faculty of Engineering and NUHS.
- For FoE applicants, only presenters at the Engineering-Medicine Dialogue Session can apply. This restriction does not apply to NUHS applicants. Please click on this link for the list of eligible FoE applicants.
- Project teams should not be already collaborating.
- Funding requested should be for new research ideas and not for supplementing existing projects / collaborations.
- Project must be supported by respective Heads of Departments (or nominee) and Deans (or nominee) of each Faculty/School.
- Only one project per set of PIs can be submitted.
- Only proposals properly completed with relevant supporting documents attached will be accepted for evaluation and assessment for awarding of grants.
- Please ensure that information submitted in hardcopies and softcopies are the same.
- Please ensure that the Grant Endorsement Form is duly endorsed by the Deputy-Head (Research) before submission to VDRO.
- Please ensure that the softcopies and hardcopies of the application form and grant endorsement received are submitted to NUHS RO by 17 September 2012 (Monday) 12pm.
- The documents required for submission are:
*The same grant application form with original signatories from all team members to be submitted to the respective Research Office.
** A separate Grant Endorsement Form (i.e. declaration for Research Compliance may differ for each PI) with original signatories to be submitted to the respective Research Office.
- Please compile all submission received using the proposal summary listing.
If the proposed study would requires biospecimen or tissue banking, please contact Dr Eng Chon Boon (email@example.com) from the NUHS Tissue Repository. The tissue repository will assist in biobanking budgetary. Kindly visit http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/tissue/Cost%20Recovery%20Schedule.pdf.
Please contact the following staff if you have any enquiries: