- Has a recognised medical degree for Temporary Medical Registration with Singapore Medical Council*
- At least 3 years' experience as a Medical Officer after Housemanship / Internship
- Fluent in English and meet SMC's minimum score for TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 250 for computer-based test/ 600 for paper-based test; or IELTS (International English Language Test System): Band score of 7 or above.
SMC will only accept test results from IELTS, TOEFL and OET if the scores obtained are within the above range, subject to a 2-year validity period based on the date of the test for all new applications received by the Medical Council.
- Good academic record and at least 2 referees' reports
- Not more than 35 years of age
- Citizenship of other countries or permanent residents of Singapore
- Has permit issued by the Ministry of Manpower in Singapore*
- Has health insurance cover for yourself during the attachment
- Has valid malpractice insurance cover
- Has valid varicella screening and chicken pox immunization
*The NUH Fellowship Desk will assist to obtain temporary medical registration and Training Employement Pass (TEP).
Please CLICK HERE for information, guidelines and criteria required by Singapore Medical Council.